The following text is copied from the original source. It describes software I implemented while working at RTI International.
Zcore™ is the foundation we use to create easy-to-use data collection and management applications for projects ranging from health care to legal case management.
It is well-suited for point-of-care applications.
Zcore features easy forms creation, multilingual capabilities, and useful networking and data center integration.
Zcore renders pages into its embedded web browser, which is provided by the Eclipse RCP framework. Data are stored in the application using the embedded Derby database, can be shared with a remote data center via Zcore's built-in synchronization system, can be exported to a MySQL database. and can be exported to other formats, such as Microsoft Excel. Data systems based on Zcore can be used to collect data from remote sites. Using Zcore, these sites can then synchronize their data with a remote, shared database over the Internet and Internet connectivity is present. The result is a scalable, fault-tolerant data sharing network. Projects based on Zcore are deployed in Zambia, Kenya, and South Africa.
Role-based security (Password-protected)
- Easy forms creation
- Application and forms may be translated into multiple languages.
- Simple installation
- Problem-based care
- Instant workgroups: More than one PC may enter data into the application at the same time.
- Propagate form changes to remote instances of the application- see Importing records from a remote site screencast.
- Perinatal Care - Zambia Electronic Perinatal Record System (ZEPRS) is being used by clinics and the University Teaching Hospital in Lusaka, Zambia to improve patient care.
- Pharmaceutical supplies - The Zcore Daily Activity Register (DAR) is a project based on Zcore ™ that is currently being deployed in Nairobi, Kenya for the management of inventory in public health center pharmacies. RTI worked with the Provincial Pharmacist's Office to develop the software and training program that enables pharmacists to use this electronic system of stock control.
- Malaria Spraying - The Zcore IRS (Indoor Residual Spraying Application) assists projects in the collection and aggregation of data from remote field sites. Data for each day’s spraying, including details about each house spraying or the day’s spraying totals, is entered into the main form.
- OpenMRS Integration - This project demonstrates interoperability between Zcore and OpenMRS, a community-developed, open-source, enterprise electronic medical record system framework
- Rape Case Management - As part of the Women’s Justice Empowerment Initiative (WJEI) project in South Africa, RTI is working with the Sexual Offenses and Community Affairs (SOCA) unit of the National Prosecuting Authority to build a case management system. The Zcore Thuthuzela Information Management System (TIMS) will be used to manage the legal, medical, and psycho-social cases at the Thuthuzela Care Centers (TCC's).
- Quick Form Creation Demo.
- Creating a form - detailed Demo.
- Adding a table-based dropdown to a form
- Adding a problem (rule) to a field
- Adding a problem (rule) to a dropdown field
- Importing records from a remote site
- Editing a patient bridge form
- Creating forms in OpenMRS and importing into Zcore
- Exporting records from Zcore and importing into OpenMRS
- Importing a Form Developed on Another Zcore Instance
- Download Zcore software
- Information about Zcore software development
- Access Zcore source code in the Subversion repository
- Zcore Documentation
- Multilingual Handbook (How to use the multilingual capabilities in Zcore)
- Editing Menu Items (Changing Zcore side navigation)
- Zcore Development (How to build a new Zcore project and links to other Zcore development pages
- Creating a New Project: Eclipse Setup and Project Tips (for Zcore software developers).
- Importing fields from an Excel Spreadsheet (PDF 452 kb)
- ZEPRS Documentation (Much of ZEPRS documentation is applicable to Zcore)
- Zcore Roadmap (A list of planned new features)
Many thanks to Bitrock for granting us a free license for BitRock Installer!
Original source: http://ictedge.org/zcore